5.11.2006

Battered and Bruised

As I was saying, I believe in God and lord is he pissed. I woke up at 2 this morning in pain and was awake for the next hour or so trying to go back to sleep and I could only get comfortable on my back. I woke up at 7 when the alarm went off and found that it hurt to move. The worst being the back of my neck and head. The alarm's screaming, I'm struggling to sit up, the dog's jumping around on the bed wanting to go potty, and I'm wishing I'd taken Doc up on the offer for the skip-work-note. I kid not, pain from the base of my skull up my head, down my neck, over my shoulders, through the right side of my ribcage and into my lower back where it feels like I was nailed by a 2x4 before coming to rest in my right hip. On the light side, these are all the places I hurt before visiting the Chiropractor. On the dark side, I now rate my previous pain of "6" on a scale of 1-10 a high "9".
I dress the dog, put shoes on and a coat, stagger to the door and out where the dog wants to sniff everything in the yard instead of pottying. I tell his skinny ass to hurry as I'm freezing (in May) and finally convince him it's time to go inside. It's all I can do to get ready for work.
I cover all parts of my back I can reach on my own with Biofreeze and OD on Ibuprofen before heading out the door.
Long story short, the day didn't get better.

Strangely enough, I'm not second guessing my appointment with God tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...