3.31.2007

Critter Food Recall

"Pet owners with animals showing symptoms such as vomiting, lethargy and extreme thirst are being told to bring them in for immediate examination."

See lists of recalled brands:

Recalled dog foods

America's Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Award; Best Choice; Big Bet; Big Red; Bloom; Bruiser; Cadillac; Companion; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat; Shep Dog; Food Lion; Giant Companion; Great Choice; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Mixables; Nutriplan; Nutro Max; Nutro Natural Choice; Nutro; Ol'Roy; Paws; Pet Essentials; Pet Pride; President's Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Publix; Roche Bros; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Springsfield Pride; Sprout; Stater Bros; Total Pet; My True Friend; Western Family; White Rose; Winn Dixie and Your Pet.

Recalled cat foods:

Americas Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Best Choice; Companion; Compliments; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat, Shep Dog; Food Lion; Foodtown; Giant Companion; Good n Meaty; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Li'l Red; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Nutriplan; Nutro Max Gourmet Classics; Nutro Natural Choice; Paws; Presidents Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Sophistacat; Special Kitty; Springfield Pride; Sprout; Total Pet; My True Friend; Wegmans; Western Family; White Rose; and Winn Dixie.

Menu Foods Recall Information - From Nutro
Menu Foods Recall Information
******* Dog Food Recall
******* Cat Food Recall

And on a lighter note:

Also posted here.

I know everyone's dying to know my opinion of the top 10 Horror Movies of '06 as listed by Rotten Tomatoes . I am the Horror Genre Guru, after all. Seek and revere my professional opinion.

And here we go:
Top 10 Horror Movies of 2006

10. An American Haunting
9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
8. The Omen
7. Silent Hill
6. Saw III
5. Final Destination 3
4. The Hills Have Eyes
3. Hostel
2. Slither
1. The Descent


First of all: Fuck! These suck. Not all of the movies listed, no, but the order they are in, definitely. So here's the appropriate order (assuming I keep the movies on this list.)

10. Slither - this movie was absolutely horrible. It had some funny parts (notice I say "funny" and not "scary") but clearly does not deserve to be on this list at all.
9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning - The best part of this movie was seeing it end.
8. The Descent - It had my vote until.. Well, it never really had my vote.
7. An American Haunting - If I recall correctly I didn't mind this movie at all, but the end left something to seriously be desired.
6. The Hills Have Eyes - I remember seeing it, but I don't remember much of it so it didn't have much of an impact.
5. The Omen - Pretty good movie, but doesn't rank above the next four. Absolutely not.
4. Final Destination - I loved all of the Final Destination movies and this one was probably my favorite, although it would be hard to choose.
3. Hostel - I hate this movie. Really, really, really hate it. So why did it make #3? Because as far as horror movies go, it was very good. I found it very distasteful and disturbing but it is well done, it is realistic and it is horrifying based on it's realism potential.
2. Saw III - Choosing between Silent Hill and Saw III for the number one spot was a challenge. The Saw movies are excellent. Every.Single.One. so far. This is one series I hope keeps going. For-ev-er.
1. Silent Hill - Cannot be topped. I've seen it probably at least 8 times, most likely more, and it never gets boring to me. I would love to see a second Silent Hill.

Sincerely,
Your Horror Guru

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, April 01, 2007 , Blogger Melony Louise said...

Silent Hill must be my favorite movie of all time, and the the fact that you put it on your top horror movies of 06 has made me fall in love with you.

 
At 11:49 PM, April 03, 2007 , Blogger Alex said...

Seriously... that moment in Descent where they're all standing in the dark cavern and all of a sudden you see one of the cave people amongst them, that had to have been the scariest single moment in horror for a long time. The rest of the film was hot and cold, but that particular scene was horror perfection!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...