12.23.2008

The Vixen is Emo.

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but my Grandpa is in the hospital. ICU, precisely. He had an aneurysm rupture in his brain about two weeks ago. We didn't think he was going to make it. He did though, but he's still in the hospital, and probably will be for awhile. I've been unable to get to see him, first because I had to work, then because I had a head/chest cold (and being in ICU, I wasn't about to go in there all contagious and shit), and then my car broke down. I have tomorrow off from work, but although my car is running just fine now, I'm still afraid to drive it there (about an hour away) in the cold. It's supposed to be icy tomorrow too. Mom can't go because she's at work. My Grandma and Uncle have been going every other day, and they went today.

I work X-mas Eve and X-mas Day.. and the day after X-mas. This means after tomorrow, I only have the weekend off.

My Grandma just lost her Mom back in October, and now this.

Today, when Grandma and my Uncle were there, Grandpa kept telling them that "Kandie was here this morning" and "is Kandie still here?" Now granted, they say he's been really confused, and doesn't always know everyone -- but he thinks I've been there. He's eventually going to realize I haven't been.. And how is that going to make him feel?

I feel absolutely fucking terrible.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, December 23, 2008 , Anonymous Toni said...

I'm thinking of you and your family right now. I really do hope he fairs out ok, it's awful to have him sick at all, but so close to the holidays and just after your great grandma, sheesh...

Take care C, & we'll talk soon..

 
At 1:04 AM, December 24, 2008 , Anonymous Vixen said...

I got to go see him tonight.. I emailed you about it on Facebook.

xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...