3.24.2010

Clash of the Titans

Only the Saw movies have ever filled me with this much excitement. Because of this you know, that Clash of the Titans is going to be awesome. I saw the original when I was a kid - dozens of times. I'm currently taking pause in the countdown to Saw VII to track the time until Clash of the Titans. (April 2nd)

In other news, here's a list of my recent movie choices:

Open Graves (2009) 4 out of 5 stars
The Box (2009) 3 out of 5 stars
Solstice (2007) 2 out of 5 stars
Possession (2007) 4 out of 5 stars
One Missed Call (2008) 3 out of 5 stars
The Departed (2006) 5 out of 5 stars
Pandorum (2009) 4 out of 5 stars
The Final Destination (2009) 2 out of 5 stars
Whiteout (2009) 4 out of 5 stars

Now first off, Open Graves was good, I thought. It scored pretty low by everyone else, but how much do they really matter anyway?

The Box was pretty disappointing to me. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't what I got. Not bad, but I've seen better.

Solstice: I don't even really remember what this was about, and it wasn't that long ago I watched it. I do remember thinking it wasn't bad though, so it's probably worth watching. It only scored a 2 because it wasn't memorable.

Possession wasn't bad, it had a nice twist to it. Michael Landes looked really good (as always), but his part was relatively small. Lee Pace got the main character role, and he was absolutely beautiful. Until he shaved. Facial hair is a necessity for you, sir. Trust me.

One Missed Call was alright. I'm leaving it at that. You'll like it or loathe it. I'm somewhere in between.

I loved The Departed the first time I saw it, and I feel the same way now. Rarely a fan of Matt Damon, but DiCaprio grew up very, very well. While I'm on the topic of DiCaprio, Shutter Island was also a winner.

Pandorum was.. Weird. It kept me entertained though, and isn't that the point?

The Final Destination sucked. I only gave it 2 stars for the special effects, which were impressive.

Whiteout was good in that watch-it-once-and-never-again sorta way. If you don't expect too much, you won't be disappointed.

This concludes my expert opinion for today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...