5.01.2011

Fucking Computers!

Seriously. If it isn't mine it's my mothers. I set up a second account on her computer for me (because the more icons on her desktop the more confused she gets *eyeball roll) because I have to use her computer to do my Word Processing class.. which I'm way behind in and have only a few days to catch up. Well, all works as planned until the computer is restarted. Then I get a screen saying something about the password being incorrect. Mom's account wasn't passworded. Mine was, because if she wound up in mine, she'd be all confused and shit because none of her desktop is the same, and her bookmarks wouldn't match. If you've met my mother, you completely understand what I'm saying.

Anyway, you click the mandatory "ok" and you get this:



Now, I can only assume this "Kiosk" is the generic user account because she bought a display model from Office Max (they were sold out of the one she wanted, they sold her the display of a more expensive computer at the same price, etc. etc.) If from here, you click "Switch User", it takes you here:



Now, if you click "Other User" it offers a username/password option, which, of course, isn't my account and doesn't work because who the fuck knows who that's supposed to be. So after getting the error message that the password/username is unrecognized, you return to the first screen pictured, and click "reset password". From here, you get:



I put in a flash drive, well, just because, and of course it wasn't the "password reset" disk it wanted. Of course.

So I am at a loss. I can't even get it to open in safe mode, which from there I could restore it to a previous moment in time before all went batshit haywire. When booting up, it offers F2 (or something) to go somewhere (I didn't take a picture of this) or F12 to "boot". From neither option can I get to safe mode. My computer is normal and when it's booting up it says, "hey, idiot, click this to open in safe mode!!" in what may as well be flashing neon letters. But not mom's computer, oh no.

Currently it's shut down in the other room because if I get near it, I'll likely beat it to death. If I do this, I'll take pictures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...