8.27.2012

And This Concludes Week 1 [Week 1 : Day 3]

Today (again after working 14 hours.. three nights in a row this time) this shit has gotten the ever so tiniest bit easier. Mind you, it still pretty much fuckin' sucks, but it's a TINY BIT less sucking.

Normally I go to a trail that runs about halfway through the city, and it has it's benefits. A big benefit being that it runs in somewhat of a ditch next to a small river - which was completely dried out until the bit of rain we got recently - and affords privacy. If you're like me, and you know you wish you were, you feel like a total porkchop girl when you're out running and you'd rather not be eyeballed by the carnivorous male population.. Or maybe you do, then this trail-type is not the option for you. Last night at work, though, I decided I wasn't dreading the run (which it can't really be called yet), I was dreading the location, so I decided to switch it up for the Nature Park and it's hills (this is KS, a "hill" to us is still probably a valley to most of you, but I digress) and ponds, and trees, and.. privacy. You know, I didn't feel quite so sloppy and stupid, my form and speed were somewhat improved.. And it was ten times better today. Well, at least the scenery was, even if the run was still a raging whore.

So, this Wednesday, it's onward to Week 2 : Day 1.

Week 2 is three days of the following: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Right now I'm telling myself I'm going to try it exactly like that, but that IF it proves to be terribly awful, I'll revert to another session from Week 1. This is my way of telling myself not to get discouraged.

In the first two days my biggest trouble was breathing. Today I didn't have the shoulder cramping as bad but my shins were aching a bit more than before. Again, though, I followed the directions exactly, and as you can see - I survived. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little excited that I got through Week 1 and am heading into Week 2. A little corny, huh? Since it sounds so easy.

I'll keep you posted.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...