In other news, I bought a bicycle last weekend! Still no running shoes, though, because the shoe place was closed much earlier than I had expected on a Saturday - both of them. Damn running shoe stores. Who closes at six on a Saturday? No excuse is good enough. I digress. It's been suggested to me that I try this thing called Cross-Training (I kid slightly as I refer to it as "this thing", because I have honestly heard of it before... once or twice.) Who wants to do this shit? I just want to run. *sigh
I am excited about my new bike, though.
My last physical therapy appointment was last Thursday. I gave the PT assistant my number in case she wants a running partner. I'm supposed to have a doctor's appointment this Thursday to see how I've fared with PT, but I'm rescheduling it due to my lack of activity that would indicate whether or not I need further knee tests or treatments. Never fear, you'll be kept posted.
During my patrolling of other Running Blogs, I came across this post at Lace & Race and was given the awesome idea of paying myself for every mile I run. This is great! So here are my rules (and I'm copying a few of Michelle Marie's):
1) I'll pay myself $1 for every mile I run, and will pay myself every payday, on the day (this varies which days at my job but is approximately every 2 weeks)
2) I will pay myself $2 for every mile I run BEFORE EIGHT a.m.
3) I will pay myself $3 for every mile I run in a race this year (which so far, I haven't run in any! There are a few on the horizon, though, that I'd like to see myself in.)
4) If I get honked at, cat-called or whistled at, $4.
5) If I stop during a run for a potty break, $5.
6) If I obtain any more Battle Wound Boo-Boos, $5 per wound.
7) If I puke during or within 20 minutes after a run (which is usually when the nausea hits), $10.
8) I'll pay myself $.25 for every mile I bike - I figure this will add up pretty quick.
I may add "rules" as this progresses - and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! What shall I do with my earnings? I dunno - but it'll be run related, and I'm sure I can figure that out.
This new savings plan shall commence 3/13/13. There's a countdown thingy somewhere over there in my sidebar.